Saturday, June 17, 2006

Don't bless our work?


Watchman Nee just nailed me again in his small book Sit, Walk, Stand:
He says: "...all work that is going to be effective in the divine purpose must be conceived by God. If we plan work and then ask God to bless it, we need not expect God to commit himself to it. God's name can never be a "rubberstamp" to authorize work that is ours in conception. True, there may be blessing upon such work, but it will be partial and not full. There can be no "in his name" there; only, alas, our name!" (p. 66)

All week I've been praying...not that God would bless our efforts, but that we would follow His blessing. Well done Watchman Nee.

Well, week one is on the books. It went really well. I'd say that in my four years at CIY, this is the smoothest first week out that I've ever had. This is also my favorite Conference theme. I felt like the week flowed really well. I had several youth ministers say that it really connected.

Looks like our attendance for SC is up this year! That is really exciting!

Our staff is wiped out. We all slept in until about 11 am and then went to P.F. Changs in Indy. I'm excited about next week. Looks like we've got a great crowd in Anderson.

God is good.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

I am so jealous of the P.F. Chang's. I got hooked on that in Sacramento...along with Jamba Juice!

And I love the excerpt from Nee's book. I might have to read that.

Great to hear things are going well--our girls are loving it so far I think!

12:44 AM

 
Blogger Chad said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:15 AM

 
Blogger Chad said...

Hello Jayson, I was given word that I might be able to contact you through this. I really enjoyed the prayer time I had with with you, Emily Alden, and Ben and before Friday’s session. I am beginning to see why your friend has dubbed you the angry profit! Anyway, great job; all your hard work does not go unnoticed. I hope to hear your name and of your work more often now that you and the others on the CIY staff stay close with Ben and us here at NHCC. Just wanted to give you some words of encouragement.

In Him,
~ Chad McIntosh

1:17 AM

 
Blogger Sean Dietrich said...

I love Watchman Nee!
His stuff has impacted me in such a deep way, I don't think I even understand it. I have read most of his books and have been so encouraged by his personal walk with Jesus. He was something special.

I am a musician and WN has inspired many of my songs. I would be honored if you would check out my music on my site. All my music is free for download. Anyway, I just thought that I'd share.

Thanks,
-Sean
________________________
www.SeanDietrich.com
"All my music is free for download."

11:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home