Wednesday, June 14, 2006

More than I anticipated

We almost didn't add the element in our service tonight. We had looked all over for the "Honor" cards and we couldn't find them. Finally...at about 6:15 we located them backstage. The element has students write a note to their parents. We wanted to see relationships restored and to see the reconciliation between students and parents.

The hard part for a student is that we ask them to hand the note to their youth minister and we ask the youth minister to mail the postcards tomorrow morning.

I can't imagine what it will be like when a parent gets this postcard in the mail before their child gets home. I can just imagine a student who forgets and by the time she gets home her attitude is larger than the car...and them mom says..."Hey, about that note...let's talk".

I really hope this opens up dialogue. I had a young man come up to me and say that he needed that push. He needed to make things right at home. I walked by another set of girls who were praying together. I walked passed another high school guy who had a pen in his hand and his hands were writing as fast as the tears were flowing.

It was more than I anticipated.

Jayson

2 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

Jayson,

It sounds like these interactive elements are amazing already, and it's only the first week! I'm wishing I was there really bad, and I'm hoping to visit next week sometime. If I don't make it over there, know I'll be praying for you guys all summer. It sounds like you and Brian had some good conversations too--that's exciting!

Hope to see ya soon!

7:34 PM

 
Blogger Jayson French said...

Sounds great Mandy. We'll look forward to hanging out with you!

11:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home