Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Levi


I'm in Indiana right now leading a CIY Summer Conference. My son was in one of the skits tonight. It was so cool. He played an extra in our "electricity skit". He was so proud. He came out with a Star Wars light saber and fought Josh from Great Lakes Christian College. Josh tips the scales at about 300 lbs. Levi comes in at a whopping 45 lbs. The crowd just roared. Levi was pumped.

Levi told me that he had to get used to being on stage...because he was going to work at CIY someday. My heart just melted. He's already told me that he is going to take my job and that he wants my office. He wants to tell kids about Jesus.

I know that if Levi were to take my job...then I know that CIY would be in good hands. This kid knows how to pray. Today I told him that adults were going around the auditorium to pray for students. I found him sitting in an auditorium chair, alone. That just hit my heart. He is a praying kid. He is also passionate. He has his heart set on God. At this age it still comes out in fighting his brother, but I know that someday it will pour out in ways that are much more constructive for the Kingdom. When he was born we named him after the passage in Exodus 32:25-26. Our prayer is that he would always rally for the name of God. I know that the Lord will use him.

As for my office...not yet. I don't feel like I'm done. So Levi, you'd better get in line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home