Wednesday, April 18, 2007

For those of you keeping up...

I'm through Day 5...headed for Day 6...

I think God is speaking through a book that Aaron Pelsue gave me. It is written by Andrew Murry. The book is called "Humility - The Journey Toward Holiness".

Here is the quote that rocked me tonight:

"He (Jesus) felt himself to be the Servant of God for those whom God created and loved. As a natural consequence, He counted himself the Servant of men and women so that through Him God might do His work of love. He never for a moment sought His own honor or asserted his power to vindicate himself." (Murray, Humility, p. 34.)

So much to learn...
There's an update for you...

1 Comments:

Blogger J A Y @ C I A said...

Hi, saw your blog through a copy of YMR and read your blurb on leaving/making trails not just motoring about the lake.
Any way, isn't the quote you have from Murry's book basically a riff on St. Paul's Letter to the Phillipians 2?

11:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home